I am going to write about what a missionary conference is like for a kid like me. It is much more fun to be a kid and not an adult at these things.
1. You do not have to go to meetings every morning, instead you get to go to a kids program. 😊
2. You get to run crazy. (Most of the time.) But if you are an adult, you just talk. 😑
3. You get lots of candy and you don't care about diets. 😉
At conferences sometimes teams come down from the States or Canada to take care of the kids which is awesome and fun.
1. Teams are always real fun. 😁
2. They bring candy that you can't get here or are too expensive, like Skittles, Sour Patch Kids, Good n' Plenty, candy bracelets, Ring Pops, Butterfingers, Starbursts, Fun Dip, Goldfish, Tootsie Roll Pops, Jolly Ranchers, Kool Aid Packets, and lots more.😄
3. Super cool crafts, like making our own beach balls, hats, shell, bracelets, etc. 😆
There are two places for our conferences, the beach and the jungle. This year it was the beach. Here are some pictures.
|Every one loved the ocean|
|And the water slide.|
|This is all the missionary kids. There are three other kids my age. Three kids around Lydia's age and one kid Davy's age.|
There are two kids older than me and nine kids younger than Davy.
|If we walked a little ways we would come to a whole lot of rocks. We found a lot of ocean animals like a squid, an octopus and a starfish and these weird things (below).|
|I called these asparagus, but they are alive. When you touch them they move.|
Highlights of the Trip
Once when we were down by the beach we saw two destroyer ships. I was standing by two boys and the first one said, "Wouldn't it be awesome if a nuclear bomb shot out?" and the other said "Oh yeah, that would be soooo cool." And I thought, "No, that would be terrible. It is so NOT cool." I told two other girls and they agreed with me.
Another highlight was that it never rains in Lima and it rained at the beach every night, which was so much fun.
One of the kids walked by the pool and found an iguana in the pool. She told every one and we all watched one of the workers try and get it out of the pool.
We swam every day.
Well, that's the 2017 missionary conference.
Written by Lucy